Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Blog Reader Jonathan

If there is one thing I've noticed about blog trading, it's this:  Trading goes in waves.  Back when the 2010 Topps base set first came out, people were trading cards left and right...and then not too long after, the entire trading scene mostly dried up.  Flash forward a few months (and to when Topps re-released its base cards along with a chance at a Strasburg shiny card) and the 2010 Topps base set is a hot commodity amongst collectors again!  That's good news for because while I haven't bought a retail pack in over half a year, I am still looking for plenty of 2010 Topps cards!

Note:  I also have a whole bunch of 2010 Topps cards for trade, both base cards and lots of inserts.  You can find the full list here.

The latest package comes from blog reader Jonathan (who I don't think has a blog).  Jonathan knocked a whole bunch of 2010 Topps cards off my want list, so let's take a look!

2010 Topps:
Cards Your Mother Threw Out:
CMT32.  Ryne Sandberg
CMT62.  Yogi Berra
CMT65.  Duke Snider
CMT68.  Brooks Robinson
CMT88.  Rickey Henderson
CMT105.  Derek Jeter

I really like the CYMTO set - but I really hate the original back idea.  Mostly because I know in the future I'll have to look extra carefully at every single card to make sure it isn't some sort of crazy reprint from Topps.

2020:
T2.  Gordon Beckham
T8.  Buster Posey
T10.  Evan Longoria

Another funky insert set from Topps.  The 2020 set is kind of neat, though it's almost a bit dizzying when you look at the set in 9 pocket pages (which is how I keep all my sets)!  These three marked the last three cards I needed from this particular insert set, so it's another thing to completely erase from my want list!

Peak Perfomers:
PP-18.  Mickey Mantle

PP-29.  Roy Campanella
PP-53.  Ubaldo Jimenez
PP-68.  Andre Ethier
PP-78.  Mark Reynolds
PP-84.  Jim "Catfish" Hunter
PP-92.  Joey Votto

Finally, the Peak Performers that Jonathan sent me.  For whatever reason, it appears most people don't like this set - though I don't know why.  It seems to be the perfect collection of old and new players, and plenty of teams represented.  Oh well, I like the set and I'm excited to get that much closer to completing it!

Thanks a lot Jonathan, and as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments