Featured Post

A TCDB Mailbag on One of the Best Mondays of the Year!

Delivery Time! Trade with Nick from Cardboard Overload

It's time to dip into the 'ol mailbag for another package that arrived while I was on vacation a few weeks ago.  This particular envelope is from the famous code breaker Nick over at Cardboard Overload.  Before I left, I sent Nick a package of Allen & Ginter including a ton of base cards, a bunch of the sketch cards, and a big pile of mini insert cards.  Since he hadn't had a chance to sort through all his cards before I was to leave, I simply left it as a "send me whatever you want from my want list."  Well, Nick delivered!

Here's a look at some of the goodies Nick sent my way:

2010 Allen & Ginter:


Relics:
I've made it my mission to try and collect all of the relics from A&G this year, including the non-baseball relics.  As of the time I write this post, I have about 40 of the relics.  Nick sent me four more relics (though a few of them were also sent to me by other people - which means I now have some more trade fodder)!
AGR-CL.  Carlos Lee

AGR-JD.  John Danks

AGR-NC.  Nelson Cruz

AGR-RH.  Ryan Howard

Regular back minis:
I've also made it my mission the last couple of years to collect the entire base set and the entire regular back mini set.  Thanks to a nice sized pile from Nick, I'm about halfway done with this year's set!

N43s:
Since I opened up a case and a half of Ginter this year, I decided I might as well go for all the boxloaders as well!  Nick sent me a couple of the N43s that I didn't pull myself - I'm now only missing N43s of Andre Either, Joe Mauer, Alex Rodriguez, and Evan Longoria.
N43-AP.  Albert Pujols

N43-RH.  Ryan Howard

National Animals:
Of course, I am going after all the crazy mini sets in A&G - in fact, the crazy mini sets are usually the best part of Ginter (at least in my mind).  This year's National Animals set is pretty neat, especially with the country flag in the background of each animal.
NA9.  Jaguar - Brazil

Lords of Olympus:
After visiting Greece last year, I've become somewhat enamored with Greek mythology...so this particular insert set is right up my alley.  Nick sent me two of the final three cards I need from the set (only missing #8).
LO5.  Athena
LO25.  Atlas

And last but not least, Nick sent me a special, unannounced autograph of himself!

Thanks a lot Nick, and as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments