Featured Post

Delivery Time! Largest Trade Ever with Nick from Cardboard Overload - Part 1

Question:  What do you get when you have two people who both busted a case of Ginter looking to complete their chosen subsets?

Answer:  One huge mother of a trade.

I sent Nick (from Cardboard Overload) a whole bunch of minis, including insets, bazookas, no numbers, etc....plus some other stuff - I'll let him choose whether or not to detail his side of it.  In return, Nick sent me a plethora of Ginter cards off my want list.  Let's dig in and see what cards I now get to knock off the 'ol want list!

2009 Allen & Ginter:
Cabinet Cards:
CB4:  Japan Advances to Final

CB7:  Signing of the Constitution of America

It's been awhile since anyone offered me boxloaders from the '09 Ginter set.  Obviously, I was quite happy to acquire two more Cabinet cards - I'm now at exactly 50% of the 2009 Ginter Cabinet set...though the chances of me actually completing the set are probably fairly small.

2010 Allen & Ginter:
Cabinet Card:
NCCB3:  Hoover Dam

Unlike the '09 set, I've now completed the 2010 Allen & Ginter Cabinet card set!  The Hoover Dam card eluded me for the longest time but now it is mine, mine, mine!  I must say, between the two years, I'm actually glad I have the 2010 Cabinet set complete - I like the Engineering Achievements set much better than the World Baseball Classic cards!

N43:
N43-JM.  Joe Mauer

Thanks to the Mauer safely in my hands, I am now only missing one N43 card and I'll have the entire Ginter boxloader set!  If anyone has an Evan Longoria N43 sitting around from 2010, please let me know!

So far, the trade is simply getting warmed up - this was only the box topper portion!  Join me next time when I present part 2.

Comments