Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Alfredo and Lots of Castles & Cathedrals!

Oh wow.  With the first week of teaching for the new semester almost in the books, I've got quite a pile of trade envelopes to sort through, scan, and add to my many set binders!  It's always a lot of fun opening trade packages - and even more fun slowly filling in those empty pockets in the plastic pages.

Looking back at my purchases this year, I realized that I haven't bought a single retail pack - something that's partially a product of my location (no decent card selection), partially a product of my collecting goals (hobby boxes typically provide me more bang for my buck), and partially a product of the general lack of compelling products.  However, I did buy a whole bunch of Allen & Ginter - so much so that I've probably completed almost 30 trades where the cards I gave up were Ginter doubles and/or Ginter cards I didn't plan to collect.

Amongst those 30 trades or so was one with Alfredo from the My Past Time...I Love It! blog.  I sent Alfredo a couple of Ginter relics (Escobar and Nolasco) along with a few extra Marlins cards.  In return, I got the following:

2010 Allen & Ginter:
Regular minis:

5.  Edwin Jackson
47.  Drew Stubbs

145.  Jim Thome
317.  Alex Rios
318.  Carlos Gonzalez
321.  Carlos Gomez

World's Biggest:
WB3.  Prague Castle

Once I discovered the World's Biggest insert set, I knew immediately that I had to track down the Prague Castle card - mostly because I was lucky enough to visit Prague Castle a couple of years ago!  Here are a few shots I took of Prague Castle, Cathedral, and the Golden Lane during my trip two years ago.











In addition to the cards off my want list, Alfredo also threw in a bunch of Cincinnati Reds cards - including some of my favorites below.

Thanks a lot Alfredo!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to work out a trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments