Featured Post

Nachos Grande Review: Mitchell & Ness Online Retailer

I mentioned a few days ago that I recently posted my 1,000th post.  Apparently, 1000 posts is a sweet spot for potential advertisers as I was contacted by two different people (different companies) for an advertising agreement in the past two weeks.  One such agreement netted me an online gift card to the Mitchell & Ness sports apparel store in exchange for posting an advertsing link* on the side of my blog.

*To the best of my knowledge, the company "buying" the link was not related to Mitchell & Ness. Therefore, my review is entirely my choice and not "paid for" in any way whatsoever by Mitchell & Ness. 

Since I had never heard of Mitchell & Ness, you can imagine my surprise when I saw what type of items they sell - plenty of unique, high quality sports articles!  It's amazing that the store had escaped my attention, especially since I'm always on the lookout for new Reds gear.  That said, when I realized the prices the store charged, my once seemingly "generous" gift card no longer seemed so generous...I knew I'd only be able to afford a single hat or t-shirt - so I chose a rather unique "Rally 'Round the Reds" shirt.

Mitchell & Ness Customer Review:


Pros:

*  Great shirt.  Soft material, great looking "old time" image.

*  Unique selection of t-shirts, plenty of jerseys for most teams.

*  Quick shipping.

*  Return slip enclosed in package (which I didn't need but still nice to have instead of searching the website for return information).

*  Fully licensed, these aren't knockoffs.

*  The jocktag near the bottom of the shirt adds a bit of "class" to an otherwise standard t-shirt.  I think it's a classier alternative to the typical Nike Swoosh or Under Armor logo.



Cons:


*  Pricey.  Although I love the shirt I got, I don't think I would be able to justify dropping 40 of my own dollars on it.  I guess the cost is somewhat justified by the fact that I've never seen most of the designs on other websites...but I think $25.00 - $30.00 should be the maximum cost for a t-shirt of any type.

*  Not a lot of selection, especially inexpensive options - at least for some teams (like the Reds).

Overall:


While I love the shirt, I think I'd look for some sort of discount code before ordering another t-shirt.  However, for a special gift for a sports lover in your life Mitchell & Ness has plenty of unique options.  Now that I know about the site, it'll be interesting to see how often they rotate their stock - with such a small amount of choices, I hope they rotate designs somewhat regularly.  I'm certainly happy with the shirt - and I must say that I'm likely to continue checking the site out as the year progresses looking for other neat pickups.

Comments

  1. I love the M & N T-shirts and have picked up some of their vintage-looking Cardinals stuff when they were 50% off at Busch last year. Be warned - they shrink... alot. Wash cold & hang dry or you're looking at a nice re-gift for a toddler, poodle, or Vern Troyer.

    Congrats to your Reds for winning the Central. Early September and my Cards are out of it... this must be what being a Cubs fan is like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment