Featured Post

1999 Pacific - Pack 23

Phew!  After the craziness of yesterday's epic pack busting marathon, it's time to slow down just a bit before we hit the grand finale of the group break!  Today, I'm going to bust a grand total of four Collector's Choice packs and five Pacific packs - and at that point, there will be exactly ten packs of each of the five sets remaining.

Let's get to it!  To make this pack a bit more interesting, I've added a one sentence thought after each player...whatever came to my mind first!

Pack 23:
4.  Jim Edmonds - Angels
Old, brittle guy who seemed to help Jay Bruce out as soon as he joined the Reds.
45.  Roberto Alomar - Orioles
*throat clearing sound* Pitooey - splat.
92.  Kevin Tapani - Cubs
The back of his card says Tapani had an unforgettable game against the Braves in 1998, I say that Tapani's entire career was mostly forgettable.
104.  Magglio Ordonez - White Sox
A good player for a teams that I never really cared about or watched.
173.  Craig Counsell - Marlins

Best photo in the pack.
192.  Mike Hampton - Astros
Cha-Ching.
275.  Carlos Baerga - Mets
I'm fairly certain I only started spelling his last name correctly a couple years ago.
277.  Todd Hundley - Mets
Always seemed like a scapper to me, hard not respect that - even if he was a Met.
415.  Quinton McCracken - Rays
I had a picture of an owl in my dorm room when I was in undergrad that my roommate and I named Quinton - no relation to McCracken however.

Comments