Featured Post

2000 Fleer EX - Pack 01

Welcome to the first pack of my third group break!

For starters, I'll open a pack of the set I was excited to bust - 2000 Fleer EX.  I don't believe that I have ever even seen a card from this set - so it should be exciting.  The box I am busting is a hobby box with 24 packs (3 cards per pack).  According to the pack wrapper, the odds are as follows:

Basic cards:  (Their wording, not mine)
90 card base set (60 veterans, 30 prospects) - prospects numbered to 3,499
90 Essential Credentials & 90 Essential Credential Future (Serially numbered, but no mention of how high)
Insert sets:
15 Generation E-X (1:8 packs)
20 E-Xplosive (Serially numbered to 2,499)
15 E-Xceptional - Red (Serially numbered to 1,999)
15 E-Xceptional - Green (Serially numbered to 999)
15 E-Xceptional - Blue (Serially numbered to 250)
10 E-Xciting (1:24 packs)
Autographics (1:24 packs)
20 Genuine Coverage (1:144 packs)

As you can see, we should get one autograph for sure out of the set, with the off chance of hitting a relic as well (1:144 packs for relics). 

Let's bust the first pack!
2.  Jeff Bagwell - Astros

13.  Mark McGwire - Cardinals

67.  Steve Lomasney - Red Sox (#ed 2002/3499)
This is what the back of the cards look like, along with the serially number for the prospects.

And with that, we are off and running!  I'd say things have started off strong - already a serially numbered card and a couple of cards of some really good players for their time (Bagwell and McGwire).  I really like the EX cards, so much so that I might try and grab a box of this set for myself sometime...I'll wait and see what the rest of the box brings (and what Reds it might hold) but so far, so good!

Comments

  1. Those are some great looking cards, I hope some Mets come out of that box.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment