Featured Post

2003 Topps Bazooka - Pack 02

It was brought to my attention during the first pack of Bazooka that one of the card had a fake signature on it while the rest did not.  After opening the second pack, once again there is a single card with a fake signature and the rest are sig-less.  Given that incredibly small sample size, that leads me to believe that the 2003 Bazooka brand had a parallel set with the printed signatures...perhaps they should count as inserts/parallels?

On to pack #02:

16.  Garret Anderson - Angels

96.  Mariano Rivera - Yankees
98.  Edgar Renteria - Cardinals
115.  Josh Beckett - Marlins
229.  Ichiro - Mariners (with printed signature)

39.  Darin Erstad - Silver Chunk parallel - Angels
1.  Luis Castillo - mini parallel - Marlins
1 of 24.  Albert Pujols - Bazooka Comic - Cardinals

This is obviously the hit of the pack - though I must say, either young Pujols was packing something fierce to make the baby ladies swoon or else he dropped a big duece in that diaper named Albert...  Just sayin'.


Each pack of Bazooka cards comes with a piece of gum - and being the intrepid reporter that I am, I tried the piece from this pack.  I must say, it has held up surprisingly well during the seven years or so that it has set in this box untouched!  Yum*!

*the yum lasts about 35 seconds of course, some things don't change even with time...

Comments

  1. I love the "HR" effect in that cartoon...awesome!

    Also, I love Bazooka, and when I do my 9 pack "break" from 1995 I will definitely be trying the gum as well. I wonder if the additional 8 years will ruin it, or if it'll still be good gum. If it is...scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up a couple of packs at the local card/coin/pawn shop. Tried the gum. Although it appeared moist and flexible, it crumbled in my mouth and I had to spit it out. Icky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:18 PM

    Man, I'm just striking out all over the place. Not a single Expo yet. But yeah, I remember opening these Bazooka cards and getting the "auto" cards, but never putting it together. Have to go through my collection again...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment