Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Blog Reader David

For all the doom and gloom that is spewed by the media about human decency, there's nothing like finding that small glimmer of hope for humanity's future...  In my little corner of the world, that small glimmer has become a full-fledge flame that burns bright, at least when the flame represents most of the traders that I have made deals with through my blog.  While I have dealt with a few (apparent) scums - including one who agreed to a trade where he walked off with about 250 Topps Heritage cards of mine and I didn't even get a single card in return - most people I've dealt with have been at least fair, and more often than not, completely generous!  One such example of that is my latest trade with a new blog reader David.

David contacted me wanting some of my 2010 Allen & Ginter cards for trade, and in return, offered a few Allen & Ginter minis that I needed.  As I opened up the envelope, it became clear that David went above and beyond and managed to knock cards off my want lists for four different sets...and he even threw in some Barry Larkin cards that I didn't previously own!

Let's check out my haul:

2010 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Regular back minis:
15.  Carlos Quentin
44.  Chris Coghlan
66.  Orlando Hudson
81.  Cliff Lee

140.  Brandon Allen
171.  Michael Young
204.  Russell Martin
271.  King Tut
323.  Angel Pagan
For the last two years, I've decided to chase the regular back mini cards thinking that they would be a somewhat easy set to complete - and yet, as of now, neither set is complete!  I guess people like to keep their minis...which means any time I can complete a trade where I'm getting a pile of minis such as what David sent me I'm a happy guy!


National Animals:
NA38.  Llama - Bolivia

I'm now only missing one more National Animal card...and that card should be in the mail and in my mailbox sometime this week.

2008 Topps Heritage:
New Age Performers:
NAP-12.  Manny Ramirez

I'm now only missing one card from the 2008 Heritage New Age Performer set.  I don't think I'll be buying any more Topps Heritage sets until I am able to either finish my 2008 or my 2009 set...the staggering amount of short prints make both sets much too difficult (not to mention costly) to complete.

1991 Score:
450.  Vince Coleman
712.  Paul Marak

732.  Turner Ward
748.  Omar Olivares
788.  Curt Schilling
812.  Scott Erickson
Admittedly, most people wouldn't be all that thrilled with getting a pile of 1991 Score as a "throw in" but I was quite happy - all of these were cards that I needed in my quest to complete the monster that is 1991 Score!

1985 Topps:
585.  Butch Wynegar
657.  Jim Slaton
I'm now ever so close to completing the 1985 Topps set (only missing: 181, 316, 325, 348, 401, 454, 471, 511, 536, 603, 664, 730, 737, 752).  There's a very real chance that I could complete this set before the New Year...assuming there are some traders out there with '85 Topps cards to spare!

David also threw in a bunch of Barry Larkin cards, most of which I didn't previously own (which is no small feat these days)!
This was one of the few Larkins that David sent me that I already owned - you can see my write up for this particular card here in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series.

Thanks a lot David - and for anyone else who would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments