Featured Post

Group Break: The Final 50 - Packs 1 - 5

It's time for the final 50 Packs...  I'll have ten posts of 5 packs each - one pack of each set per post...  I'll also only be scanning the best card of each pack - unless some pack has multiple cards that catch my eye...

1997 Collector's Choice:
253.  Allen Watson - Angels
262.  Dave Hollins - Angels
286.  Brooks Kieschnick - Cubs
289.  Mel Rojas - Cubs
347.  Brad Ausmus - Astros
353.  Pat Listach - Astros
430.  Jason Kendall - Pirates
440.  Brian Jordan - Cardinals
442.  Gary Gaetti - Cardinals
480.  Jay Buhner - Mariners
487.  Damon Buford - Rangers
494.  Mike Timlin - Blue Jays
38 of 45.  Eric Young - All-Star Connection - Rockies
NF6.  Barry Bonds - New Frontier - Interleague Challenge - Giants

Woah, a rare card out of the box!  The New Frontier cards are seeded 1:69 packs - and in all the packs of Collector's Choice that I've busted over the years, this is the first time I've ever seen a card from this set.  I'm guessing there is a second "half" of the card featuring some American League player so that the word "Frontier" is readable across the top of the card.  While I'll probably never own that card, this one is still pretty nice!

1999 Pacific:
35.  Javy Lopez - Braves
71.  Pedro Martinez - Red Sox
72.  Troy O'Leary - Red Sox
99.  Mike Caruso - White Sox
145.  Curtis Goodwin - Rockies
163.  Juan Encarnacion - Tigers
249.  Pat Meares - Twins
251.  Otis Nixon - Twins
279.  Bobby Jones - Mets
410.  Roberto Hernandez - Rays
Ok, I lied - there wasn't anything in that pack worth scanning that I haven't already scanned from previous packs...  Moving right along...

2000 Fleer EX:
4.  Tony Gwynn - Padres

10.  Chipper Jones - Braves

This card has the same peeling issue at the top of the card that a few of the other cards from the box have had.  Totally disappointing because this would have been a great Chipper card!
32.  Scott Rolen - Phillies

Phillie fans may hate Rolen, but I like him quite a bit now that he is a Red!  You'll also notice that I can't help but scan all the EX cards...they all seem worthy of being scanned each time!

2003 Bazooka:
7.  Bazooka Joe - Yankees

This is the third different Bazooka Joe card out of the box - and for the Yankee collector's out there, it's a good one!
30.  Ken Griffey Jr. - Reds
89.  Robin Ventura - Yankees
128.  Ellis Burks - Indians
269.  Andruw Jones - Braves
89.  Robin Ventura - Mini - Yankees
This pack had both the regular size and mini Ventura cards in it!
72.  Scott Hairston - Silver Chunk - Diamondbacks
44 of 55.  Casey (Reds), Boone (Reds), Jones (Twins), Restovich (Twins) - Bazooka Stickers

This card has a 50/50 chance of going in the Reds pile...otherwise it will be in the Twins pile.  I'll random off all the sticker cards at the end of the group break!


2004 Topps Cracker Jack:
6.  Jones - Braves
15.  Boone - Mariners
21.  Lo Duca - Dodgers

38.  Palmeiro - Orioles
67.  Sabathia - Indians
77.  Mulder - Athletics
136.  Hinske - Blue Jays
133.  Rickey - Mini - St. Louis (Cardinals pile I guess)
Secret pack:
Checklist 2 of 2
160.  Moyer - Sticker Parallel - Mariners

Comments

  1. I opened pack after pack after pack of that 1997 CC as a kid...and I never pulled a Frontier card. Very impressive man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:41 PM

    You can make it a Red if I have my druthers. My daughters would stick them somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not part of the group break, so as an observer with nothing to gain I would point out that the "St. Louis - Amer." cards you are pulling from Cracker Jack maybe should go in the Orioles pile. "St. Louis - Amer." is referring to the St. Louis Browns who moved to Baltimore before the 1954 season and renamed themselves the Orioles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment