Featured Post

Group Break Results: Baltimore Orioles

A number of people asked me to update the group scoreboard - seeing how there was such interest, I've decided to do one better:  I'm going to show off the best card, worst card, plus any interesting cards (in my eyes at least) of all the group break slots, one at a time.

Baltimore Orioles
Claimed by Ryanmemorabilia

Best card(s):


The great thing about claiming the Orioles for any late-90s, early 00s group break is can usually expect at least one Cal Ripken Jr. card to show up.  In this group break, I pulled three different Ripken cards, one base and two inserts.  Of the three, the EX was my favorite - and so it is named best card!

Worst card(s):


Honestly, there really weren't any terrible cards in the Orioles' stack, so I'm naming the Bazooka Joe card the worst - mostly because I pulled four or five of this card (all different teams) and I think that's just annoying...especially since they all have the same set number (# 7).

Card(s) of interest:


The Chris Hoiles card from Pacific is the most interesting card for two reasons - one, I really like the photo and two, check out the mis-stamping of the Pacific logo at the top of the card.

Final Tally (after all non-insert duplicates removed):
Base:  24
Inserts/Short Prints/Parallels:  7
Relics/Autos:  0

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:53 PM

    set #7 was used because it was "retired" as Mickey Mantle's number, wasn't it?

    Did you notice if you got any of the short print logo/nologo cards (where the Bazooka logo is in bold color instead of light)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, for awhile there Topps had retired #7 for Mantle.

    As for the logo short prints, I didn't know they existed...but I do recall having some cards with a dark background logo while others had a light background. I've mailed off all the cards at this point - but yes, I guess I missed some of the short prints!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment