Featured Post

Group Break Results: Canadian Beltway (Expos and Nationals)

A number of people asked me to update the group scoreboard - seeing how there was such interest, I've decided to do one better:  I'm going to show off the best card, worst card, plus any interesting cards (in my eyes at least) of all the group break slots, one at a time.

The Floridians (Expos and Nationals)
Claimed by Natscards

Best card(s):


The Fleer EX box produced a lot of great cards, including the best for the Canadian Beltway slot - card #7 of Vladimir Guerrero.

Worst card(s):


The worst card for this slot isn't a card at all - in fact, the worst part was the complete absence of any National cards.  Since the Nationals were an official team in 2005, there wasn't a chance of pulling any Nats given that the boxes were all pre-2005.  In my eyes, the Canadian Beltway slot was rather unimpressive, and so I took the liberty to add another 20+ cards to the pile, including a couple of mini cards that hopefully will make Natscards happy!  I enjoy hosting group breaks, but I want to make sure to do everything I can to provide "value" for each slot that people buy.  Obviously, the nature of the group break means that you are gambling a little bit hoping for a certain hit or something, but I always hate spending my money on group breaks and getting almost nothing back in return.  My sincere hope is that with the extras I added in, the Canadian Beltway slot ends up making Natscards happy despite not pulling anything spectacular out of the boxes.

Card(s) of interest:


1999 Pacific (#268) - Carl Pavano.  I already talked about this card in the individual group break packs, but i really like the odd colors behind Pavano.  It reminds me of fall!

Final Tally (after all non-insert duplicates removed - not counting the 20+ "bonus cards" that I've added in):
Base:  24
Inserts/Short Prints/Parallels:  2
Relics/Autos:  0

Comments

  1. This is Jonathan from NatsCards. I was already pretty happy since these covered an era that's severely lacking in my collection, but the bonus cards were an awesome little addition. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment