Featured Post

Group Break Results: Heart of Texas (Astros and Rangers)

A number of people asked me to update the group scoreboard - seeing how there was such interest, I've decided to do one better:  I'm going to show off the best card, worst card, plus any interesting cards (in my eyes at least) of all the group break slots, one at a time.

Heart of Texas (Astros and Rangers)
Claimed by Daniel

Best card(s):


1997 Collector's Choice - Big Shots insert #11 of 19 (Dean Palmer).  I don't recall much of Dean Palmer's career, but this is a great card of him.  The insert set seemed to focus on "interesting photos" though this is one of the few from the set that features a baseball player actually playing baseball!  Some of the others that I have feature the given player doing something goofy (and decidedly non-baseball).

Worst card(s):


2003 Bazooka - Kevin Mench (#191).  Kevin basically looks like he just rolled out of a monster truck rally on his way to a WWF event - other than the big MLB logo on Kevin's shirt, there is nothing about this photo that says "I'm a baseball player."

Card(s) of interest:


I hope Daniel likes Jeff Bagwell - the group break produced six different Bagwell cards - including two inserts!

Final Tally (after all non-insert duplicates removed):
Base:  52
Inserts/Short Prints/Parallels:  11
Relics/Autos:  0

Comments