Featured Post

Group Break Results: National Expansionists (Diamondbacks and Rockies)

A number of people asked me to update the group scoreboard - seeing how there was such interest, I've decided to do one better:  I'm going to show off the best card, worst card, plus any interesting cards (in my eyes at least) of all the group break slots, one at a time.

National Expansionists (Diamondbacks and Rockies)
Claimed by Shelliebee

Best card(s):


The Diamondbacks ended up with a box "hit" out of the Pacific box - a die-cut Gold Crown card of Travis Lee.  I know die-cut cards have become rather passe, but I will probably forever like the Pacific Gold Crown cards...so this is an easy choice for best card!

Worst card(s):


The 2004 Cracker Jack card #48 of Preston Wilson - perhaps pretending your bat is a machine gun wasn't the brightest idea you've ever had Mr. Wilson.

Card(s) of interest:


In a surprising development, the team pair of Rockies and Diamondbacks ended up with 14 inserts/parallels!  Each team contributed seven to the total - which is more than most teams ended up with!  My guess is that if I had made the Rockies and Diamondbacks each their own slot, whoever ended up with either would be happy - since it was a two-for-one slot, I'm guessing Shelliebee will be ecstatic!

Final Tally (after all non-insert duplicates removed):
Base:  41
Inserts/Short Prints/Parallels:  14
Relics/Autos:  0

Comments