Featured Post

Group Break Results: New York Mets

A number of people asked me to update the group scoreboard - seeing how there was such interest, I've decided to do one better:  I'm going to show off the best card, worst card, plus any interesting cards (in my eyes at least) of all the group break slots, one at a time.

New York Mets
Claimed by BABenny

Best card(s):


1997 Collector's Choice - #398 - Alex Ochoa.  One of the neat things about Collector's Choice is the wide variety of photos - most of them are serious, in-game shots but there are the occassional goofy shots such as this Ochoa card.  I wouldn't want a full set of nutty pictures, but a few scattered about does add some personality to the set!  Note:  This isn't a borderless card - I just forgot to adjust the scan and already packaged up the cards before realizing what happened.  That said, it would be a pretty sweet card if it were borderless!

Worst card(s):


This is a nice little parallel card (I also pulled the non-signature version of the Reyes card) but it earns "worst card" simply because I pulled two of 'em.  Unlike base card duplicates, ALL insert duplicates get mailed out - so BABenny will end up with two of these to figure out what to do with!

Card(s) of interest:


I said I would either random off the Bazooka 4-in-1 stickers or give them to the team with the fewest number of inserts - in the end, I sort of did a hybrid approach - I randomed the stickers off amongst all the teams - EXCEPT any team that I was stuck with (in that way, I didn't end up with any extra inserts that could have gone out to group break participants)!

Final Tally (after all non-insert duplicates removed):
Base:  28
Inserts/Short Prints/Parallels:  7
Relics/Autos:  0

Comments