Featured Post

Nachos Grande Review: Aurora Shredder

A few days ago I mentioned that CSN stores was sending me another product to review.  Only a couple of days after placing my order, a box showed up on my front porch steps.  Amazingly quick service once again (more on that in a moment).  The shredder itself is an Aurora 8 page crosscut shredder (see full item description here).

 As for the product itself, it took about 20 seconds to get the shredder out of the box...

10 seconds to take the plastic off, and about 5 seconds to place the shredder top on the basket bottom.


A grand total of 35 seconds and it was ready to shred!

Now where did I put all of those extra Yankee baseball cards?!  (Just kidding.  Sort of.)

Bottom Line:
It shreds quickly and the box claims the shredder will shred credit cards as well as up to eight pages per minute.  I didn't have any extra credit cards to try shredding, but the paper shredding went well!  Overall, I'm happy with the shredder (albeit in limited usage) - and the shipping time couldn't be beat.  The company sent an email with an estimated arrival deadline of November 11th - but it arrived a full 6 days early!

As part of my agreement with CSN, I've provided a brief review on their webpage - here it is here for posterity.
I've been looking for a shredder for quite awhile, preferably one that was affordable yet wasn't one that needed to be "babied" (i.e. staples removed, etc.) This particular shredder claims to shred up to eight pages at a time (four pages is probably a safer bet) and is a bit loud. It also claims to shred credit cards (a nice feature, but I don't have any spare credit cards begging to be cut up at the moment). For the price, this a good shredder - no complaints!

Comments

  1. My shredder is also a little loud but I think that comes with the territory though since all the shredders at work are pretty loud too. I'm kind of puzzled at the basket. Mine is a plastic bin and keeps all the paper dust contained. I hope yours doesn't put out too much dust shredding those Yankee cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post reminds me of the papers I need to shred at home. I've had mine for three years, and it works well enough for me(I actually did shred a couple of credit cards on mine).

    You gotta love it when you receive an item six days earlier than expected. That is what you call great service.

    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment