Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 73: 1990 Classic #48

Barry Larkin
Year:  1990
Brand:  Classic
Card number:  48

The Classic baseball cards came in a game (I believe) - so I don't own many of these.  In fact, this particular Larkin card arrived via trade at some point, but I never thought to keep track of who sent me which Larkin card...there's too many to keep track of!

That said, for a game card it's pretty nice.  The front screams early 90s, it looks like something out of Saved by the Bell.  The back, on the other hand, is much more subtle.  The previous year statistics plus a career stats line along with the game portion of the card - five trivia questions.

In reality, I only take issue with one thing on this card - and that's the HR level trivia question:
Q.  "What was Frank Robinson's home-run to at-bat ratio?"
A.  "17.07"

Now, I'm assuming they mean he hit one homerun per every 17.07 at bats, but with the way the question is worded, the answer looks like he hit 17.01 homeruns per at bat...and I don't care who you are (or what sterioids you take), that's craziness (not to mention mathematically impossible unless you circle the bases 17 times after each at bat).

Comments