Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Barry Larkin Collection 74: 1996 Pacific - #40

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Pacific
Card number:  40

I never realized how much people didn't like Pacific cards until I started reading baseball blogs.  Oh sure, I knew that Pacific was full of wacky inserts - but to me, that was part of the allure...you really had no idea what you'd pull out of any given pack of late 90s Pacific cards!

Well, unlike many people, I happen to really like a lot of the Pacific cards - and this particular Barry Larkin card is no exception.  I like the no border photo on the front along with the easy-to-read player name.  I appreciate the team logo (and though I'd like it a bit larger, it's ok as is).  Heck, even the little Pacific crown behind the name adds a bit of variety without overwhelming the card front.

The back of the card isnt' quite as nice as the front, though who can argue with a free Spanish lesson with every Pacific card?  Pacific cards, to the best of my recollection, weren't ever known for their amazing statistics...so I guess a single year's worth of basic batting stats is all that I can expect.

Overall, it's certainly not my favorite Larkin card - but I could easily see myself collecting this set if I knew where to find Pacific baseball card boxes for cheap.  Seriously, does anyone know where to find Pacific baseball boxes on the internet?!

Comments