Featured Post

Griffey Jr. Turns 15,000

That's right, today Ken Griffey Jr. turned 15,000 days old.
As many of my readers know, Griffey was (and is) one of my favorite players, he was one of two American League players that I liked a lot as a kid (Frank Thomas was the other one, but I'd guess most people didn't know that).  I was really happy that the Reds managed to sign Griffey, and while he wasn't the superstar in Cincinnati that I hoped for, it was still a thrill to see him play in the Reds uniform.

Anyhow, I only know that it's Griffey's 15,000 day on Earth thanks to an article over at The Hardball Times.  It's an interesting look at the best players for the Mariners and Reds, mostly focused on living players judged by WAR (wins above replacement).  Despite being a math professor myself, I mostly steer clear of the statistical analysis on my blog, but trust me, it's worth a read!

In other notes, it's also my younger brother's birthday today - so happy birthday to him too (he gets to spend it in beautiful, sunny Hawaii while I stare at snow and ice on the ground here in Pennsylvania)...

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:39 AM

    Nice trib to Junior. It's too bad that he was hurt as a Red so much. He could have easily hit 700+ HRs. But it is what it is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment