Featured Post

A TCDB Mailbag on One of the Best Mondays of the Year!

Group Break: 2000 Fleer Focus - Packs 19 and 20

We got a couple of good cards in the two packs below - one for me (since I needed it) and one that is serially-numbered for someone else in the break!

2000 Fleer Focus
Packs 19 and 20

4.  Joe Randa - Royals
5.  Larry Walker - Rockies
10.  Desi Relaford - Phillies
41.  Derrek Lee - Marlins
77.  Robin Ventura - Mets
81.  Ismael Valdes - Cubs
94.  Trevor Hoffman - Padres
99.  Richie Sexson - Indians

I have no idea what happened to this card - it came out of the pack looking like it was attacked by pine tar.  It was so bad I almost didn't scan it for fear of getting my scanner all gunked up!
124.  Edgar Renteria - Cardinals
Foreshadowing alert!
128.  Bob Wickman - Brewers
129.  Tony Gwynn - Padres
138.  Ryan Rupe - Rays
142.  Alex Gonzalez - Marlins
143.  Gary Sheffield - Dodgers
155.  Andy Pettite - Yankees
185.  Cal Ripken Jr. - Orioles
203.  Javy Lopez - Braves
221.  Masato Yoshii - Rockies
124.  Edgar Renteria - Masterpiece Mania #124/300 - Cardinals

This is part of the goofily-named Masterpiece Mania set - and is numbered 124/300.  The pack doesn't state specific odds, but rookies that come approximately two-per-box are numbered to 3999 if that's any type of guide.  In other words, these are REALLY rare!
6 of 15 FV.  Octavio Dotel - Future Focus - Astros

This is the insert that I needed for my own set.  I'm going to wait and see what the last few packs bring, but I'm currently leaning toward distributing ALL my Fleer Focus insert cards other than any Reds and maybe a couple of others.  I guess it's the holiday "giving" mood that I'm in!  Unless the box helps me complete (or come really close to completing) a given insert set, I'll probably include those cards when I mail off the group break cards.  No promises quite yet - but a heads up nonetheless!

Comments