Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 79: 1987 Toys-R-Us - #18

Barry Larkin
Year:  1987
Brand:  Toys-R-Us Rookies
Card number:  18 of 33

The year 1987 is special for Barry Larkin fans because that is the year of his rookie card.  Although this particular card most likely doesn't "qualify" as an official rookie card, it's still a pretty sweet card for my collection!

The front of the card is fairly typical for any promotional card, but the back of the card is actually quite excellent.  Since the set appears to focus only on rookies, I like the minor league totals that go along with the major league totals for Larkin.  I also like the small write-up of interesting dates in Larkin's pro career as well as the little cartoon people behind the area hosting Barry's vital statistics.  Overall, I think this card might actually be quite a bit better than what many "official" cards end up being!  Well done Toys-R-Us, well done.

Comments

  1. I love this set... it's one of my favorite designs from the 80's. The black borders & the collector's edition wave at the top are especially sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment