Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 80: 1990 Bowman - #50

Barry Larkin
Year:  1990
Brand:  Bowman
Card number:  50

My memories of late 80s and early 90s baseball cards are all thanks to my dad.  He would occasionally buy my brother and I packs when he went grocery shopping.  To this day, I remember the first time I opened a pack of '90 Bowman.  My first thought was "too hard to read", my second thought: "ugly cards", and third thought:  "thanks dad but let's stick with Topps next time!"  When it comes to the 1990 Bowman set, my feelings haven't changed despite two decades of opportunity to flip-flop.  Put simply, these cards are ugly monstrosities and I pity the fool who had a father who bought them mostly this crap instead of the vastly underrated 1990 Topps base set.

As for this particular card, I actually like the photo used (unlike most Bowman photos).  In fact, the front is fairly solid.  But the back, oh my, it's awful.  Still, it's a Larkin card that I didn't previously own...and you can't love them all, now can you?

Comments

  1. I'm not a big fan of 1989 Bowman and no, you can't love them all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment