Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 86: 1988 Score - #72

Barry Larkin
Year:  1988
Brand:  Score
Card number:  72

Many of the late 80s and early 90s card sets featured funky colors...but Score often took it to a whole other level!  This particular Larkin card is an excellent example of Score's love affair with Crayola colors...and also an excellent example of why Cincinnati Reds cards should never have purple borders - holy clashing Batman!

I actually like this card, despite the horrific border, because the back is so excellent.  I love the full stats (including minor league stats), I love the interesting write-up, I love the full color running man Reds team logo, and I also love the 72 of 660 card number!  I also thought Allen & Ginter should be numbered in a similar way rather than the typical plain old number.

Overall, the 1988 Score set isn't anywhere near the top of my list of sets to collect, but perhaps I will someday simply for the great card backs...it certainly won't be for the rainbow's worth of colored borders!

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:52 PM

    I dig the colors! They make it easy to sort the cards out, since the colors are in a specific section.

    But I'm weird. You knew that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment