Featured Post

2011 Topps Rack Pack #5

I found myself in Target once again the other day, so of course I had to check out the card aisle.  I bought my second (and most likely final unless my eBay auctions really take off) blaster of Series 1 as well as the last three rack packs in the store.  As everyone probably knows by now, I'm still chasing the Diamond Parallel set (and currently trading for ANY and ALL of them that I can...and each card traded to me earns people an entry into my contest for free, complete sets as well).  Since each rack pack contains one diamond card, I at least know there will be one card that I want...hopefully there will be more - let's find out!

Rack Pack #5:

I had every single base card already from the rack pack...the worst part is, out of now five rack packs and two blasters, TWICE I've had all the base cards from a given rack pack.  This leads me to believe that the base card collation in rack packs is NOT random...
This card is already in the mail, but there are plenty of other base cards available for trade!

As for the inserts, each rack pack has plenty of them - and this one was no exception.

A diamond parallel (yay!) of John Danks.

I didn't own this one yet, so that's good news!

A Kimball Champion card of Chris Carpenter (this one is for trade).

A pretty nice Topps 60 of Mickey Mantle that I didn't own yet.

I don't mind Mickey Mantle as a single player in part of a large insert set of great players past and present.  I am, however, sick of Mickey Mantle cards in general.  There's something to be said for keeping his cards somewhat "special" rather than overproducing them out the wazoo.

There was also the normal Topps Town crap, a Diamond Duo, and a 60 Years of Topps.  In addition to all of those, there was an original back card of Paul Molitor (does anyone collect these - I've got some from both this year and last year that have drawn little to no interest).

Finally, there was another one of the Diamond Giveaway cards.  For now, I'm hanging on to those code cards and playing the "wait and see" game in the hopes that the new giveaway is cool.

Comments

  1. Mr. Grande,

    I like your blog. I just took my renewed interest in baseball cards to the Web and found you.

    I've picked up a lot of 2011 and hope to sort through everything tonight or tomorrow.

    Perhaps we can work out a deal. I know I'll be looking to fill in my Series 1 base set needs - as well as 2010 base set (I'm also going to catalog what I'm lacking in that set.)

    In any case, if there are things I should know about the specifics of trading with strangers on the Internet, please send me a note.

    I'd appreciate any tips.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,

    I collect the original backs from last years CMTYO and I suspect I'll be collecting this year's too when I actually get the cards. Do you still have my email? Let me know and we'll work something out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment