Featured Post

2011 Topps Rack Pack #7

It's finally time for the final rack pack that I've purchased.  This will, most likely, represent the last packs that I buy of series I, I think I'm at the point where it would be better to try and finish the set via trade (and/or eBay) rather than continue to buy packs.  How did the final rack pack stack up?  Let's find out!

Of the 29 base cards in the rack pack, I needed 13 of them.  It's not quite half, but it's not bad considering my stack of 2011 Topps is slowly growing.  Looking at the stack, it does appear that I might be able to get away with purchasing a few more rack packs before relying solely on trades...we'll see I guess!

Of course, you aren't here to read about base cards - that's been done by plenty of people (including me) previously...you want to see the inserts - and to see if I ended up with duplicates that I'll make available for trade...

First up, the best one - the diamond parallel (remember, I want ANY and ALL diamond parallels)!  This particular card is of Pedro Ciriaco - and it looks awfully sweet all diamond-ed up!

Next up, a pair of inserts that I have for trade - a Vlad Guerrero Topps Town (TT-43) and a Pablo Sandoval Kimball mini (KC-41).

As with all rack packs, this one had the requisite 60 Years of Topps card - Jim Palmer #31 in the set.  I can't decide if I want to try and chase this set or not...I've changed my mind about fifty times on the idea already!  For now, I'll keep it - we'll see what happens I guess.

And finally, three cards that feature great players of the past (and all three were ones that I needed)!  The Ty Cobb is a Vintage Reproduction of the 1932 US Caramel set - a set I know nothing about other than the brief bit of information on the back of the Cobb card.  I like learning new things from my baseball cards (it's probably why I like Allen & Ginter so much too)!

Comments