Featured Post

Delivery Time! Assorted (non-2011) Cards from Kerry over at Cards on Cards

In the rush and madness of 2011 Topps (and my crazy desire to collect one of each of the diamond parallel cards), I've neglected to show off a few trade packages that didn't include 2011 Topps.  One such package that needs to be seen is from Kerry (Cards on Cards).

Over the last couple of years, Kerry and I have exchanged a variety of packages - often times one or the other sends a package "just because" and then eventually the other person does the same.  I suppose since we each collect NL Central cards, neither of us has any particular desire to hold onto our rival's cards!  This particular package, to the best of memory recollection, is one of those "just because" packages.  Let's take a look at some of the roughly 50 Reds cards in the package:

My three favorite cards in the package were these three Barry Larkin cards that I didn't previously own.  At this point, I'm nearing 100 Larkin cards in my Larkin Collection (plus a bunch more that I haven't had a chance to scan and write about) - even so, I know these three are all new to me!

Kerry also sent me three different gold parallel versions of Reds cards.  The Brandon Phillips card is especially sweet (though as a Cardinals fan, I can understand why Kerry wanted the Phillips card out of his house immediately)!

I didn't bother collecting any of last year's Topps Updates & Highlights set (or whatever it was called), so it was nice to recieve what appears to be the entire Reds' team set from Kerry.  Of the cards he sent, my favorites are the Heisey rookie (I'm hoping he can be a good player this year), the Mike Leake card celebrating his rookie debut (I have my doubts about Leake this year unfortunately), and the Seaver/Leake Legendary Lineage card.

Finally, three more cards "just because":

1995 Pacific - Deion Sanders:

I really like most of the Pacific sets (which I think makes me a little strange).  What I don't like, however, is that I haven't found any place (eBay, online sellers, etc) where I can pick up many boxes of old Pacific sets.  I'd especially like to collect some of the late 90s Pacific stuff - but no one has any of the boxes available...

2002 Upper Deck MVP - Danny Graves:

As a Reds fan, all I can do is look at this card and both laugh and cry at the same time.  Graves was that kind of pitcher.  As for the set itself, I don't think I owned anything from this set before the trade, so that's cool too!

1996 Score - Benito Santiago:

And sometimes, a picture speaks for itself.

Thanks a lot Kerry!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Glad you liked the Cards. The Reds seem to have replaced the Dodgers as the team I get way too many cards of at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment