Featured Post

Delivery Time! Different Types of Shiny from Greg at Nearly Mint

I've been collecting the 2011 Topps Diamond parallel cards like crazy - and I've also got a contest going on where I'm giving away complete sets (and other goodies) in exchange for the shiny cards.  That contest might have been the catalyst for a recent envelope that showed up in my mailbox.  Greg, from Nearly Mint, sent me a single diamond parallel card that I needed (and in the process netted himself an entry into my contest).  However, not content to send just one card, Greg also sent over 4 different Reds cards - all of which I had never even seen before!

2011 Topps:
Diamond parallel:
73.  James McDonald
I really, really like the horizontal cards in this year's set - they look extra sharp when all shinied up as well!  This particular scan really makes it appear that McDonald is popping off the card - quite cool indeed.


1996 Donruss Power Alley
3. Reggie Sanders 3562/5000
Sometimes, a scan can make a card look better than it really does (see the card above).  Other times, a scan makes a card look much worse - which is the case with the Reggie Sanders card.  This card is actually seriously shiny!


1998 Leaf Fractal Matrix Die-Cut 
91.  Deion Sanders
This is one of the card sets that I never knew existed.  I believe I have some "regular" Leaf card with a similar (non-die-cut) design, but I've never seen the die-cut cards before I opened the trade package.  It's always cool discovering a new set - and it's amazing how many sets I still know nothing about despite being a collector for the last 20 years or so.


1999 Bowman's Best Refractor 
69. Dmitiri Young 079/400
I think I would like Bowman more if they had more cards like this one...and less cards like the one below.


2010 Bowman Chrome 
BCP10.  Aroldis Chapman
I like this card because it features Aroldis - but the general design of it I don't much care for (which is why I pretty much never buy Bowman cards).  Even so, since it was a Reds card that I didn't yet own, I'm happy to add it to my collection!


Thanks a lot for the great cards Greg - and as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:38 PM

    Glad the Reds cards found a good home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment