Featured Post

Delivery Time! Rhubarb Runner Rocks!

Not too long ago, I mailed off a package of 25 or so Twins cards to David over at the "e rayhahn, rayhahn" (aka mmmrhubarb) blog.  In return, David knocked eight cards off my want list - including the last few cards that I needed for two different sets!

Here's the good stuff:

2010 Cards Your Mother Threw Out:
CMT106.  Alex Rodriguez

I'm annoyed about Topps right now just because I think I got ripped off on eBay when I tried to buy a jumbo case of the 2011 product.  And now, prices have skyrocketed, so I'm out of luck unless the seller somehow pulls through and delivers.  That said, it shouldn't spoil my interest in the 2010 version of Topps' base set, but it somehow has.  Even so, this card is a welcome addition...and fills a hole in the binder which is always great!


2009 Topps Updates & Highlights:
UH26.  Ryan Howard

UH103.  Evan Longoria

UH117.  Alex Rios

UH184.  Francisco Cordero
UH259.  Victor Martinez
UH289.  Nick Johnson

One of the fun things about being a set collector is when you get down to it, an Evan Longoria or Ryan Howard card can be just as sought after as a Nick Johnson or Alex Rios card.  In this case, I needed all six - and these are the last six cards that I need for the set (or at least I hope so, I'll have to fill my binder and make sure my want list was correct)!


2002 Post 500 Home Run Club
6 of 8.  Harmon Killebrew

A great looking card, and the last of the eight that I needed to complete the set.  Back in the day, I figured I'd never have this set complete (before blogs and online trading) - but now that I do, I'm tempted to go back through my odd ball box and see if I have any other similar sets worth chasing!


Thanks a lot David!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Nice ! I have a lot of old oddball stuff. I just need to get it listed and get better want lists made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:28 PM

    "David"?

    Your package (and several others) arrived while I was snowbound in Omaha; glad I'm finally home and get to put together my side of the trade post. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who did you buy from on eBay? We had to resort to a source there as well and I'm starting to get worried as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A seller named "fivestarky". I have a full post detailing the experience going up tomorrow AM.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment