Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Adam from My Cardboard Mistress

I've managed to complete quite a few trades lately, and while I have enjoyed them all, there's got to be a favorite one...and this particular trade with Adam from My Cardboard Mistress definitely has the early lead in the favorite trade sweepstakes.

I sent Adam a bunch of assorted cards from his want lists - and he did the same for me...but what makes this trade so great is that he provided a couple of cards for three of my favorite sets AND he included a Larkin card I didn't own plus an actual Reds autograph worth owning...and from a set I love no less!   Let's get right into it.

2010 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Regular back mini:
87.  Alexei Ramirez

As my loyal readers know, the Allen & Ginter sets are amongst my all-time favorite sets...especially the 2010 version of the set!  I'm already going crazy wild trying to track down all the relics - and I'm nearing the end of nabbing all of the regular back mini cards to go along with the mini insert sets.


World's Biggest:
WB20.  World's Largest Collection of the World's Smallest Version of the World's Largest Things

WB24.  Kuthodaw Pagoda

Another great pair of cards, and seriously, only WLCotWSVotWLT could be a card in Allen & Ginter!  I love it.


2009 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Regular mini:
260.  Louis Braille
295.  Brett Gardner

Another great pair of cards - I'm even closer to having the 2009 regular back mini set complete.  Hopefully, I will be able to finish that set off before 2011 comes to a close.  I'd hate to be three years behind when it comes to set completion!


2008 Upper Deck:
StarQuest - Rare
SQ-47.  Jeff Francoeur

I don't know what possessed me to think about chasing all four parallel versions of this insert set (that I don't exactly love to begin with).  I think I am going to take a look at what I have and pick three of the four to chase rather than all four.  In a binder, having three versions of the same card in a row looks pretty cool, having four in a row throws off the whole symmetry of the project.  Whichever version I don't end up keeping on the want list will become available for trade of course.


2008 Uper Deck Timeline:
309.  Roy Halladay

It seems like I bought a ton of the Timeline set, and yet, I still have quite a few missing cards (I also have a lot of extra cards available for trade).  As such, anytime I can add another card to my binder (and thus subtract one more from my want list), I'm happy guy.


2008 Topps Stadium Club:
30.  Carlos Quentin

51.  Ichiro

I am only missing cards 15 (Alex Gordon First Day Issue) and 78 (Justin Verlander First Day Issue) from the "low" portion of the set, i.e. the non-rookie portion.  


111.  Ryan Tucker (version a)

120.  Greg Reynolds (version a)

141.  Mike Aviles (version a)

146.  German Duran (version b)

The a and b version are explained on my want list page.  Of the rookies, the only ones I am missing are the First Day Issue stamped cards of the following:  108b (Evan Longoria), 110b (David Purcey), 117b (Hernan Iribarren), and 127b (Blake DeWitt).

Beam Team Autograph:
Black and White Version (#70/99)
BTA-BP.  Brandon Phillips

A truly great autograph card!  I think the 2008 Stadium Club Beam Team autographs are my favorite (at least of the sticker'd type) of autographs in any product.  This is the second Phillips auto that I have from the set (the other being the "regular" version that is unnumbered).  


Thanks a lot Adam!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

Post a Comment