Featured Post

Any Interest In a 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter Group Break?

I already ordered my own case of 2011 Topps A&G, but I'd be willing to order a second case if I thought I could fill up a group break.  Looking at the current costs of cases, I think it would go like this:

$42.00 per team (price includes shipping).  (I'd need to sell all 30 teams for this to work).
12 boxes per case, 3 hits per box = at least 36 hits for the group break (including a rip card)!
All non-baseball cards, minis, etc will be randomed off at the end.

Of course, there are other options:
I could do a two or three box break - that should still net everyone most of the base set of their team plus 6-9 relics total.  Estimated cost would be $10 - $13.00 per team (again, I'd need to sell all 30 teams).

Or, one other choice:
I could do an Allen & Ginter "draft" break of a case:
Price to be determined - depending mostly on who'd be interested.
I'd distribute all the base cards randomly.  We would have a draft (either live or via emailed lists) of all the hits.  This would be the most expensive option (I can't possibly manage 30 lists), but it would also give people the best chance to get what they "want" from the break...plus a large chunk of the base set (rather than just cards of one team).

I'm open to exploring any of the above ideas, or any ideas that you may have!  Let me know in the comments, nothing is official quite yet - but it's never too early to think about it.

Also:  Would anyone be interested in a similar format for Topps Gypsy Queen?

Comments

  1. I'd be interested in an A&G group break. I think it might be hard for you to sell all 30 teams in a case break but easier to do so in a 3/4 box break. I'd do either, but lean towards the boxes over the case. BTW, Phillies, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested in both. CUBS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE a two or three box break for both Topps and Gypsy. I'd take the A's for both of these.

    I'd probably participate in the draft break, if the price wasn't too high. This sounds like a really cool idea. In fact I'm not sure why more people don't do it this way, as you would be more likely to put together a set and get exactly what you want.

    I couldn't do the single team case break, as the price is a bit high to pay for a whole bunch of team sets :)

    Good luck on generating some interest, I really hope you can make this happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're in for the Cardinals anyway you slice it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:14 PM

    If it was by teams I'd be up for this for the Tigers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:17 PM

    I'd be interested, particularly in Gypsy Queen. I like the draft idea, but partly because my team is the Reds [and I'm guessing the proprietor gets this:)]. I'm assuming you'd take the Reds, so I'd want to go Tigers, or Dodger, Braves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be interested in the last option for either sets. I'm looking to build the base sets of both releases and don't really want to get in for just one team's worth of cards. Anyways, just my opinion! Thanks Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  8. After thinking about it I have to agree with the dimwit, I think the draft idea would be the coolest, although like I said I'd participate in option 2 or 3.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perhaps is there way to combine your ideas. Maybe you pick your own team for hits and inserts while you get base from all the teams to have a chance to build the base set or at least get close. I would be in for the Mets in any of the options you go with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may be interested in the Indians, but I am looking for team sets as oppossed to complete sets.I don't if I would be interested in a draft.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the draft idea but would be in with the braves either way, and maybe the rangers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment