Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with BA Benny

It's no secret that I'm trying to complete the 2011 Topps Diamond Parallel set - in fact, I've got a full-fledged contest going on where you can win complete sets by sending me diamond parallel cards!  At this point, I have a bit over 60% of the Series 1 set complete.  Thanks to Mike, from BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet, I'm now four diamond cards closer to having all of Series 1 complete.  I also need to thank Mike for the nice bumper sticker - it's neat to see what other people have designed for their own stickers (you can see my bumper stickers on various blog posts around the internet - or get yourself one by trading with me)!

Here are the four newest additions to my set binder:
59.  Gaby Sanchez

65.  Chris Sale

80.  Desmond Jennings

322.  Brent Morel

In order to acquire those four cards, I sent Mike a few cards of my own - mostly a few Mets diamond parallels plus some assorted Mets cards.  Not to be outdone, Mike sent me a bunch of assorted Reds cards - including two more Barry Larkin cards that I didn't own!

Amongst the non-Larkins, these are my favorites:

All three of the above cards are from sets that I never purchased a single pack of - and thus, all make great additions to my personal collection.

On a related note - how do you figure out what a complete list of all the cards of a certain team (in my case, the Reds) for any given year?  Is there an EASY way to do this?  I'm slowly going through all my old binders of unfinished sets (most of which I only bought a few packs of) and trying to figure out which sets I might eventually try to complete on my own and which I'd rather just acquire the Reds and trade away the rest.  Any help you can give me is appreciated.

Thanks for the great cards Mike!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. teamsets4u.com is pretty good at listing team sets per year. Not always at 100% but they can get you close.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment