Featured Post

It's Been a Good Day!

Today's been a good day.

On a personal note, I found out I was admitted into a graduate program for next year.  As many of you know, I'm currently a professor without a Ph.D.  Now, in a few years (assuming all goes well), I'll have those extra few letters to tack on the back of my name - and with that, a chance for tenure!

On a baseball card note, I received the last four cards that I needed for my 2008 Allen & Ginter "almost" master set.

I now have the base set complete (which you can read all about in my third entry of my slowly growing Complete Set Chronicles).  I also have the regular back mini set and all the insert mini sets.  I plan to add each of the mini sets to my Complete Set Chronicles as well over time, so stay tuned for those!

And finally, I purchased the newest MLB:  The Show for PS3 last night at Best Buy.  I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I'm looking forward to a baseball video game where my beloved Reds should be one of the better teams for once!  I plan to bust a couple more packs of National Chicle for a post tonight - and in case you missed it, I busted three other packs earlier today.

Comments

  1. Congrats on the Grad Program. I've been considering a PhD myself, but not sure that the benefit is as big for me as it is for you. With you being a professor, the benefit is definitely there, so best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you.

    Something else to add to your best day ever:

    I mailed your card package today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, pre-Dr,! I'll help you celebrate by getting beat by younein a game of The Show sometime soon- got my copy on Tuesday! -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, pre-Dr.! You can celebrate by destroying me in a game of The Show, which I picked up on Tuesday! -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Signed in as my girlfriend up there- feel free to delete!) -Andy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment