Featured Post

Nachos Grande Review: 2010 Topps National Chicle Retail Box from CSN Stores

I mentioned awhile ago that I ordered a box of 2010 Topps National Chicle from CSN Stores.  Over the past week or two, I've slowly opened (and posted) the exact contents of each pack out of the box (check my archives for a pack by pack breakdown if you are interested).  Today, however, I'm going to summarize the box as a whole for the purposes of my review.

2010 Topps National Chicle Retail Box Review:
24 Packs - 6 cards per pack


Base (#1 - 275):

I received 125 out of the 275 base cards (45%).  The base set breaks down as follows (#1-205:  Baseball Veterans, #206-225:  Retired Stars, and #256-275: Rookie Cards).  The Bench pictured above is part of the Retired Stars version of the base set.  To the best of my knowledge, all three of the base subsets are seeded at the same rate.
Retired Stars Revisited Short Prints (#276 - 300):


I received 2 out of the 25 Retired Stars Revisited (8%).  My other Retired Star was of Johnny Mize.
Vintage Veterans (#301 - 310):
I received 2 out of the 10 Vintage Veterans (20%).  My other Vintage Veteran was of Lance Berkman.
Rookie Renditions (#311 - 330):

I received 2 out of the 20 Rookie Renditions (10%).  My other Rookie Rendition was of Carlos Carrasco.

Overall, I received 6 short prints out of the 55 short prints in the set (10.9%).  According to the pack wrapper, the base short prints are seeded 1:4 packs - so I ended up getting exactly what the packs promised in the short print department.

Parallels:
National Chicle back:

I received 7 National Chicle back parallels - all of which were regular base card parallels.  The National Chicle backs are seeded 1:4 packs - so I ended up pulling one more than parallel than I should have.
Bazooka back:

I received 3 Bazooka back parallels - all of which were regular base card parallels.  The Bazooka backs are seeded 1:8 packs - so I ended up with exactly the number of Bazooka backs as was expected.

Hits:
Autographs:

I received one autograph (of Henry Rodriguez).  Rodriguez belongs to "Group A" which is the most common autograph group.  Even so, Group A autos are seeded 1:30 packs (which means I beat the odds by pulling one since the box only has 24 packs).
Relics:

I received one relic (Robinson Cano) which was a National Chicle back parallel relic (#ed 009/199).  Cano belongs to "Relic Group B" which is the most common relic group (seeded 1:62 packs - or about 1:3 boxes). However, since the relic was a parallel - it was an even tougher pull!  The odds for a National Chicle back relic card are 1:87 packs (or about one in every 3.5 boxes).

There were no duplicates in the box - which was great.  I ended up getting quite a bit more than the pack odds would suggest.  I didn't pull any Umbrella Black back parallels (seeded 1:72), nor any short print parallels (seeded 1:50 for National Chicle backs and 1:100 for Bazooka backs).  None of the insert types that I missed out on were "likely" to be in my box anyhow.

As a whole, I have no complaints about the box.  As for CSN Stores, they were (as usual) extremely quick and efficient when it came to shipping my purchase.  The price on the box was a bit higher than what I probably would have paid if I bought it off eBay - however, between the fast (and worry free) shipping and the TWO hits in the box, I have nothing but praise for my purchase!

Comments