Featured Post

Topps National Chicle: Packs 12 and 13

It's been a busy spring break for me - spent mostly writing exams, grading quizzes, and constructing PowerPoint lessons.  However, I have had time to read quite a bit as well as launch a new group break (of which there are still a few remaining slots).  One thing that sort of fell to the wayside in all of that was my box of National Chicle. I opened about half it already - and then sort of forgot the rest (I'm keeping it in the filing cabinet...and you know what they say, out sight - out of mind).

Did I get anything good in these two packs?  I'm not expecting to since this was a retail box - but the odds for a autograph are almost one per box - so I can hope!

Pack 12:
20.  David DeJesus
118.  Ubaldo Jimenez
163.  Erick Aybar
177.  Koji Uehara
182.  Neftali Feliz
212.  Ozzie Smith

*yawn*  What a boring pack that was!  Only the Ozzie is a player of interest - and even his card is really quite boring.  I literally have nothing else to say about this pack.

Pack 13:
45.  Adam Lind
152.  Rick Ankiel
233.  Mel Ott
247.  Reggie Jackson
253.  Ryne Sandberg
101.  Torii Hunter - National Chicle Back

Sandberg as a Phillie?  I bet a lot of Cubs fans didn't appreciate that!  In fact, there is quite a bit of the "star player with less famous team" in the Chicle set, I'm betting that was a large contributing factor to the overall disdain the set seemed to garner with the collecting public.  I'm also betting that last sentence broke about six rules of grammar, but I'm too tired to go back and fix it.  Sorry.



As for these two packs, not a lot exciting.  No short prints - and the National Chicle back is nice I guess - for trade bait.  Otherwise, a big "meh" today.

Comments