Featured Post

Topps National Chicle: Packs 16 and 17

I promised in a previous post that this particular (retail) box from CSN Stores would yield at least one hit.  Could that hit be lurking in either of these packs?  Let's check 'em out:

Pack 16:
30.  Michael Cuddyer
42.  Robinson Cano
52.  Nick Swisher
68.  Vladimir Guerrero
82.  Josh Beckett
108.  Josh Hamilton
146.  Scott Feldman - National Chicle back

Wow, what a boring pack that was!  The Guerrero may be one of the creepiest looking paintings in the entire set - he looks possessed or something to me...I might have nightmares about that one.  As for the Chicle back, I can't say I'm impressed.  In fact, I'm wondering if anyone tried to collect the entire parallel set (either the more common Chicle backs or one of the less common parallels like the Bazooka backs)?  No one has shown any interest in trading for any of the Chicle backs that I've pulled I've noticed.


Pack 17:
14.  Mariano Rivera
37.  Ryan Howard
92.  Cole Hamels
259.  Henry Rodriguez
270.  Adam Moore
191.  Chase Utley - National Chicle back

Another pack, another Chicle back card.  I'm guessing the Utley will be decent trade bait at least - there seem to be more Phillies collectors out there than there are Rangers collectors (the Feldman Chicle back is a Ranger card if you didn't know).  In fact, this pack appears to be custom made for a Phillies fan - there's Howard, Hamels, and an Utley parallel insert...  Sheesh!

Comments