Featured Post

2011 Topps Heritage Target Blaster - Pack 7

Once again, I sort of forgot about the couple of packs from the blaster remaining in my desk drawer.  After this pack, there's only one blaster pack left.  Will I find anything good in either pack?  Let's find out!

Pack 7:
99.  Brandon Snyder

I believe it's overkill to have both the bright yellow 2011 Rookie star and the bold blue RC logo on opposite corners of the card.  I understand why both are present - one for historical accuracy and the other for some marketing BS agreement with baseball...  
139.  Babe Hits 60

I don't really care much for the Babe Ruth subset (though I'm glad it's not another homage to Mickey Mantle).  I do, however, like that Topps decided to mark these as "reprints" even though they are smack-dab in the middle of a new set (see the distinction on the bottom left of the card).
201.  Josh Beckett
210.  Evan Meek
216.  David Aardsma

Are there advertisements on the back of all of Aardsma's cards?  Notice the back of this one, below his pitching record there is a black box containing an ad for baseball bucks hiding in 2011 Topps Heritage hobby boxes.  I'm not sure that I'm a big fan of that - unless it was an accurate reproduction of card 216 in the original set.
217.  Don Mattingly

It looks like Mattingly has blue duct tape on his arm - maybe the Dodgers' troubles extend well beyond ownership squabbles and have actually perforated all aspects of the team, including uniform mending...
402.  David DeJesus
404.  Mark Trumbo
BF-8.  Baseball Flashbacks - Warren Spahn

I'm still on the fence on whether or not I'll try to collect the Heritage set (though I'm slowly leaning towards "yes").  I do know, however, that I won't be chasing the insert sets this year - so this one is available for trade, preferably for a short print that I need but all offers will be listened to!  The Baseball Flashback inserts are actually quite rare - seeded 1:12 packs, or less than one-per-blaster!

Comments