Featured Post

2011 Topps Heritage Target Blaster - Pack 8

Hey, hey, hey, whaddya know?  The final pack in the blaster is finally ready to be busted!  Will I score anything awesome (spoiler alert:  sort of)?

Pack 8:
67.  Zach Duke
103.  Brandon Phillips

Phillips had a 63 game errorless streak last year, that's pretty impressive stuff for a second baseman.
136.  Babe Joins Yanks
292.  Orlando Hudson
368.  J.P. Arencibia

Listen to this quote on the back of Arecibia's card:  "J.P.'s swing is like a Yellowstone geyser - natural, beautiful and awe-inspiring."  I dare anyone to find a more grandiose statement on the back of a card for a player who hit .143 during the previous year (only 35 at bats).
371.  Victor Martinez
391.  Martin Prado

As a Heritage collector, I instantly think "short print" whenever I see an All-Star card.  This year, however, the All-Star cards are NOT short prints (which is good I think since they offer a bit of a change of scenery from the regular base cards).
400.  Mark Teixeira
C69.  Ramon Hernandez - #0267/1962

Alright, a chrome card of a Red!  Chrome parallels are seeded 1:13 packs which means this blaster had about a 50/50 chance of holding a chrome card.  I lucked out in that not only was there a chrome card, but it happened to be a card of a player from my favorite team!
Checklist 3 of 6

Comments