Featured Post

Delivery Time! Huge Trade with Blog Reader Steve (Part I)

What does a Red Sox Allen & Ginter silk card #ed to 10, a case hit Creatures of Legend, Myth, and Joy (Peter Pan), a Votto relic, a Cabinet card, plus a few other assorted inserts and a big pile of minis get you?  Well, if you happen to be me, and you've traded with blog reader Steve, it gets you a big 'ol pile of cards off my want list.

In fact, the pile of cards that Steve sent my way is so large that I couldn't possibly do the trade justice with a single trade post.  Instead, I'll break it up into smaller chunks and show off my favorite cards from a variety of sets.

For part 1, we begin with 2010 Allen & Ginter - the set that I've gone completely overboard on trying to acquire.

2010 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Autograph:
AGA-EC.  Everth Cabrera

This is the seventeenth different autograph that I own from 2010 Allen & Ginter.  That probably means that roughly 50% of my autograph collection is from 2010 Allen & Ginter!


Regular back mini:
11.  Wade Davis
49.  Jenrry Mejia
183.  Tommy Manzella

Another three of the minis off the want list!  I still need quite a few more of the minis though - so if you happen to have any lying around let me know!


The trade wasn't just for Allen & Ginter - Steve also sent a bunch of cards from other sets on my want list, including the following:

2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces:
106.  Don Mattingly

It's been a bit frustrating that with all the people that collected this set (or so it seemed), there aren't more of the short prints floating around available for trade.  In fact, I'm not sure if I've acquired more than two or three short prints from the set in the last year or more.  It's been a very slow go...but at least now I'm down to needing only ten more cards from the set (#91, 99, 100, 105, 108, 109, 112, 115, 116, 118).


1985 Topps:
348.  Bob Boone
511.  Lee Smith
752.  Bob Owchinko

I was as surprised as anyone that of the few 1985 Topps cards that I still need one of them was a Red. I would have thought that with all the card packages full of Reds cards that someone would have sent Mr. Owchinko simply by chance if nothing else.  However, that never happened - but no worries, I now have a copy of the card in my possession!


And finally, the last card for Part I of the trade:

2008 Upper Deck Spectrum:
21. Paul Konerko

I now only need ONE more card from this set (#64.  Alex Rodriguez).  If you happen to have an extra one of A-rod, I'd LOVE to trade for it so that I may remove the '08 Spectrum set from my want list for good!


Thanks for the great trade Steve - and as I mentioned already, stay tuned for future posts that highlight some more cards off the 'ol want list!

Comments