Featured Post

More Heritage. So sorry but this was my best 3 packs yet!

I'm weak.

I cannot go in Target and not walk out with some Topps Heritage - especially since using the Target credit card I get 5% off automatically...(ok, so the savings isn't huge, work with me here).

Anyhow, I did indeed find myself in Target - and I did indeed buy another couple of those 3-pack blister things. I swear this is my last Heritage purchase - the rest of the set must be acquired via trade!

Here are the highlights of what I ended up with:

Pack 1:
84.  Denard Span
164.  Jason Kendall
215.  Asdrubal Cabrera
220.  Ryan Howard
277.  Pedro Alverez
297.  Jonathan Broxton
348.  Eric Sogard

415.  Dexter Fowler
C63.  Chrome - Neftali Feliz (#ed 1324/1962)

Not a bad way to begin the blister.  First, I scanned the Sogard card because Eric sure looks more like a professor (or rather student) than he does a ball player.  Second, the Chrome Feliz card is nice - but it's available for trade, I won't be chasing the chrome set this year (I've got enough I'm chasing currently)!  Of the nine cards in the pack, I needed four of them for my base set (plus the Chrome for trade) which leaves four other base cards available for trade (#215 - Cabrera, #277 - Alvarez, #297 - Broxton, and #415 - Fowler).  Do notice that there is a Dodger in there for trade - I pull more Dodgers I think than any other team!

Pack 2:
69.  Cory Luebke
76.  Freddie Freeman

107.  Madison Bumgarner
178.  A.J. Pierzynski
183.  Mike Pelfrey
186.  Rick Ankiel
339.  J.J. Hardy
CCR-FH.  Relic - Felix Hernandez

Wooo!  Seeing how relics are seeded 1:58 retail packs, this is a pretty nice pull.  I especially like the fact that swatch is colored rather than plain white or gray.  As for the other seven cards in the pack (one fewer card since there was a relic), I needed three of them.  The cards available for trade are (76 - Freeman, 107 - Bumgarner, 183 - Pelfrey, and 339 - Hardy).  Also notice the discoloration on Freeman's face.  I have two Freddie Freeman cards, and both look the same.  It's definitely weird looking.

Pack 3:
30.  Chipper Jones

95.  Ryan Zimmerman
111.  Brad Lidge
124.  Brian Duensing
314.  Miguel Cabrera
356.  Jose Bautista
358.  Andre Ethier
378.  Ubaldo Jimenez
485.  Matt Garza

Checklist 3 of 6

This blister was great even before I opened up the third pack.  It's even better now that I am one short print closer to set completion!  Of the nine cards in this pack, I needed four of them.  It's under half for the pack, but for the blister as a whole I did quite well.  If only I had this luck every time...you see in my next (and final?) blister, that I don't always have good luck at all.


And finally, the three card Black Border Parallel pack:
C8.  Mark Reynolds

C17.  Travis Snider

C83.  Twin Terrors

The Reynolds and the Twin Terrors cards are both up for trade (the Snider has already been traded).  The Twin Terrors card of Morneau and Mauer is especially nice - some Twins fan should offer me something good for that one in a hurry (hint hint).

Comments

  1. I will find something for the Feliz Chrome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niiice! Love getting sweet cards out of retail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:35 AM

    Uh..uh..yeah, I'll get something neat for you for it! Just got back from a trip -- give me a bit and I'll get back to you on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:37 AM

    Here -- I have SP #428 Marcum as collateral to hold it, and I'll find some other stuff and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:38 AM

    make that #438, sorry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:07 PM

    Weird - I bought a Target Blister a while ago - and pulled those exact same 3 Black parallels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment