Featured Post

A Second Topps Heritage Blaster: Packs 7 and 8

By now, you've seen the first three-quarters of the second blaster of Heritage that I've purchased.  Will these two packs hold anything of particular interest for me?  At the very least, can I knock another short print off my want list?  Let's find out!

Pack 7:
21.  Carl Pavano
226.  San Francisco Giants
229.  Pedro Ciriaco
243.  A.J. Burnett
245.  Jason Bartlett
288.  Mike Stanton
344.  Fernando Salas

403.  Jonathan Papelbon
NF-2.  News Flashbacks - Glenn Becomes First American to Orbit Earth

The News Flashback card is probably my favorite card in the pack, maybe even my favorite card in the entire blaster so far.  I've always enjoyed information regarding space flight - and I really enjoy the photo on this card.  It's so vibrant - and it's a complete departure from most of the drab shots of the baseball players.  As for the rest of the pack, the Fernando Salas card is AWESOME.  Look at those shifty eyes checking out the photographer's girlfriend...


Pack 8:
114.  Kyle Drabek

155.  Brian Wilson
168.  Rajai Davis
170.  Aramis Ramirez
219.  Jeremy Hellickson
269.  Lance Berkman
321.  Matt Mangini
375.  James Loney
462.  Magglio Ordonez

While there weren't a lot of exciting players in this pack, I did manage to nab another short print so I'm content.  I like the palm trees in the background of the Ordonez card quite a bit actually, good stuff!  At this point, I'm guessing you have all seen the Brian Wilson card so I won't show that one - but it is totally over the top with ridiculousness.  Oye.  The Kyle Drabek rookie card has the potential to be a good one in a few years, right?  The bad news in the pack:  both the Berkman and the Aramis Ramirez cards are doubles for me - so they are each available for trade.

Comments