Featured Post

Topps Heritage Blaster #3: Pack 2

In the spirit of long, drawn out blaster openings, I'm back with the second pack out of the third blaster.  Let's see if there's any retail mojo in this one.

Pack 2:
5.  Clayton Kershaw

The first card in the pack - and it's a duplicate.  The only good news for me is that there are a bunch of Dodger collectors out there - maybe one of them needs this card?
45.  Evan Longoria
140.  Gehrig and Ruth

Ugh, another one of the Ruth Special cards.  I needed, that's the good news, but man, I'm sick of Ruth and Mantle cards!
176.  Chase Headley
206.  Washington Nationals

The bright backgrounds behind each team card simply don't do it for me this year.  I guess the rest of the set is so muted that the team cards simply stick out (in a bad way) too much.  The Nationals look particularly goofy with the all-red look plastered onto a bright yellow background.
213.  Angel Pagan
259.  Kelly Johnson
315.  CC Sabathia
372.  Jaime Garcia

Well, I needed seven of the nine cards once again, so at least I maintained that ratio from the first pack.  I guess I can't complain about that.  I can, however, complain about the total lack of inserts and short prints so far...the rest of the blaster better be loaded with good stuff.  As for the second duplicate, the Kelly Johnson and the Clayton Kershaw are both available for trade.  As of the time I wrote this post, I have nine Heritage duplicates...which means that out of two and one quarter blasters plus the three-pack blister, I've only "wasted" one pack's worth of cards.  As a set collector, that brings a smile to my face.

Comments