Featured Post

Topps Heritage Blaster #3: Pack 8

It's (finally) time for the final pack out of this blaster.  So far, the blaster's been fairly decent to me in terms of filling my set needs.  It has not, however, produced any spectacular cards (i.e. relics or autos).  Even so, I'm happy with the blaster - and in some ways, I'd actually rather have short prints over relics or autos*.

*unless the auto is a Koufax or some other superstar.

Pack 8:
122.  Trevor Cahill
144.  Records Set by Ruth

I don't care for the Babe Ruth Special cards, but I will say this, the list of Ruth's records is quite impressive - even with how good we all know Ruth was, somehow seeing his accomplishments in list format is still amazingly impressive!
191.  Ryan Dempster
A Dempster duplicate, blech.
224.  Casey Coleman
258.  Ryan Bruan
286.  Ozzie Guillen
395.  Matt Holliday

The Holliday photo looks suspiciously like a photo taken in front of green screen or some other Photoshop trickery...
410.  Juan Pierre
491.  Torii Hunter

That's the way I like to end a blaster - nabbing another short print!  There's 75 short prints in the set - so every one I track down now means one less to have sitting on my want list for years and years (notice my 2008 and 2009 Heritage want lists for proof of that).


All in all, not a bad blaster - and a great way to end the blaster!  Only one duplicate, the rest were needed (especially the short print) so I'm happy.  I've still got one more blaster to crank though and then it'll be open season for Topps Heritage trading (chance are, by the time you read this post I'll already have my 2011 Topps Heritage want list posted, so it's open season trading right now)!

Comments