Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Brian from Play at the Plate

Although no one will ever confuse me for being a talented writer, I can at least lay claim to one good idea:  The Trade Stack.  At this point, my trade stack series is in the 21st iteration (here's the most recent stack - still unclaimed even though it has a shiny diamond card in it as of the time I wrote this post).  I've had a number of other bloggers contact me and ask if they could do their version of my trade stacks (to which I, of course, replied yes)!  

The trade stack wasn't just a good idea that others could copy though, it was really a good idea because it's allowed me an outlet to get rid of random cards and turn them into cards that I actually want or need.  Oh sure, it's a slow process (one particularly long trade stack had 17 cards in it before someone claimed it), and I usually lose out on a "per card" basis - probably half the stacks have been claimed where I only ended up with one card in return, but that's all OK.  In fact, the very allure of getting a bunch of cards for a single card is probably what makes the trade stack work so well.  And yes, when I return from my trip you can expect to see some more trade stacks - including a new card on the above linked stack if no one claims it before I return!

All that said, let's take a look at one of the more recent spoils from a trade stack.  Brian, from Play at the Plate, recently claimed a five card trade stack in exchange for a single diamond parallel card that I needed.  Which one did I end up with?

2011 Topps:
Diamond parallel:
45.  Hunter Pence

Now that I have the Pence card, I am down to needing only 50 more cards for Series 1.  You can check out my want list to see the full list of cards that I need from the set.  You can also find the cards I have available for trade from the 2011 Topps set here - including a few diamond parallel cards.

Thanks for the trade Brian!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments