Featured Post

Group Break #5: 1993 Upper Deck Jumbo Pack #2

When doing group breaks, there are two main choices when opening the boxes and packs:

Choice 1:  Open each box and pack on video, some people do long videos and then post them on YouTube while others do live video breaks through third-party websites.  Either way, all the cards are opened and made known in a relatively short amount of time.  On the flip side, most people if they are opening a large number of cards very quickly tire of showing the base cards, so if you happen to be a player collector, you often don't know if you got a certain base card until the package of cards arrives at your door.

Choice 2:  Open each pack and type the pack contents on the blog.  Again, some people type up the whole box at once (or at least a large chunk of it) while others (like me) prefer to spread each pack out over the span of a day (or in some cases, many days)!  The advantages here are that every card is made known (eventually) and usually there are plenty of scans, especially of rarer cards.  The disadvantages are of course that it is slower (and a lot more work to type).

While I prefer choice 2 (I don't like watching vidoes on blogs, I do it - but I don't like it), there are times when I wish I was simply recording a video so I didn't have to type so much.  These 1993 Upper Deck Jumbo packs are a perfect example of me wishing I video recorded my breaks instead...27 cards (plus teams) is a lot of typing.

I am curious which choice you guys prefer for group breaks, as I mentioned a few days ago, I am hoping to start doing monthly breaks - at least during the summer months!  Your input and feedback is always appreciated!  And with that, let's move on to the next pack:

1993 Upper Deck
Jumbo pack 2:


5.  Manny Alexander - Orioles
75.  Tom Glavine - Braves
34.  Hometown Heroes - Kirby Puckett

We've gotten two Hometown Heroes so far, one in each pack.  Hopefully that trend continues because these are nice cards.
10.  Joe Vitko - Mets
67.  Curt Schilling - Phillies
146.  Ozzie Smith - Cardinals
A double already - but hey, a double of Ozzie Smith isn't so bad!
164.  Jack Morris - Blue Jays
183.  Eric Anthony

I doubt batting gloves are tasty.
151.  Royce Clayton - Giants
123.  Ivan Rodriguez - Rangers
99.  Mark Portugal - Astros
177.  John Jaha - Brewers
271.  Dennis Eckersley - Athletics
247.  John Kruk - Phillies
262.  Kenny Lofton - Indians

The front of this card is nice, but the back is even nicer!  Jump Kenny, Jump!
240.  Jeff King - Pirates
262.  Kenny Lofton - Indians

Apparently Lofton wanted you to see both sides of his card...this is the second pack (out of two opened so far) where we have had duplicates within the pack...ouch.
221.  Tom Gordon - Royals
203.  Daryl Boston - Mets
333.  Paul Molitor - Brewers
316.  Mike Sharperson - Dodgers
403.  Mike Henneman - Tigers
317.  John Orton - Angels

Orton appears to be trying out for the softball team...and with a .203 career batting average that might be a decent plan for him...
414.  Greg A. Harris - Red Sox
390.  Matt Whiteside - Rangers
349.  Zane Smith - Pirates
HR25.  Homerun Heroes:  Mike Macfarlane - Royals

And the Royals get an insert card in the early going - that's a fun surprise!

Comments

  1. The Indians are cleaning up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Batting gloves are a bit gamey, but fried and served with plenty of hot sauce can be a meal in a pinch.

    I think Orton might be trying out for a broadway musical or taking tap dancing classes.

    And I enjoy either way of watching group breaks. It's easier to skim through when cards are typed out (or the inserts and hits are scanned). I don't always have the time to watch a full video to see what I got, but I guess that makes receiving the package a bit of a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too prefer your 2nd choice, but in this case I'd say video would be fine. We gotta preserve those fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Templates colections.
    i really love your blogspot.
    Thanks/////

    Chrome Stacks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment