Featured Post

Group Break #5: 1999 Fleer Mystique: Pack 3

Welcome back - and now it's time for another pack of what's been my favorite set of the group break thus far:  Fleer Mystique.  There's simply something fun about opening a pack, listing the cards, and then having another card to "open" so to speak (peel off the two blue covers) to see if we ended up with anything good.  According to the wrapper odds, there are autos seeded one in every two boxes...I'm wondering if the autos are all covered by the shiny blue wrappers?  I hope we get an auto so that I know...

1999 Fleer Mystique:
Pack 3:


22.  Randy Johnson - Diamondbacks

89.  Ben Grieve - Athletics

This card is GREAT just because of the elephant logo on the bottom corner.  I love it.


44.  Curt Schilling - Phillies

This Curt Schilling is some sort of gold parallel card.  Basically, it looks just like a regular base card except the nameplate and the spot where the team logo resides are both gold instead of silver.  I don't see any particular mention of these on the pack wrappers, so I have no idea how rare they are!
Checklist

And, our mystery card this pack is:

35.  Scott Rolen - Phillies

Another base card, boo.  Or at least, as far as I can tell this is just a base card.  At some point I'll probably pull a regular version and a "mystery version" of the same card and then I'll be able to hold them up together and see if I can spot any differences.  For now, this is a base card though since any difference is going to be minute (or else I'm just blind)...

Comments