Featured Post

Group Break #5: 1999 UD HoloGrFX - Pack 18

Edit:  I am now home from my vacation - sometime maybe I'll post a couple of photos from Italy.  However, I noticed that Blogger didn't post all my posts that I had scheduled while I was gone!  As you can see below, a huge chunk of posts never went "live":  Thus, although the pack ordering is now out of order (not that it really matters), I still want to make sure I show the contents of each pack in the break.

Thus, I am going to try and schedule all those posts that never went live to go active over the next day or so.  Obviously, my written prose is going to be wrong (i.e., when it says I'm on vacation, I was for the time the post was supposed to go active, etc.)  Once I crank through these posts, there are only a few packs left - and then the break is over!

Finally, to those that emailed me while I was gone, I'll be returning emails (probably starting tonight or tomorrow)...I have grass that's about knee-high to mow today, plus a ton of unpacking and organizing to do!

I now return to the original post:



We are now at the halfway mark for the HoloGrFX box.  It sure seems like I've opened eighty-gabillion of these packs, but I guess that's what happens when I write tons of posts in a short time and then spread them across a week and half.  In other news, I should be home sometime tomorrow (well, tomorrow when you read this - I don't leave until the tomorrow of the day I'm typing this).

1999 UD HoloGrFX:
Pack 18:


31.  Kevin Brown - Dodgers

48.  Mark McGwire - Cardinals

S3.  Starview:  Sammy Sosa - Cubs

The Starview cards are seeded 1:16 packs.  In a bit of a rare move, Upper Deck made the Starview set  have nine cards in it rather than the usual ten.  As a set collector, I applaud that move.  There's not much more frustrating than having to "waste" an extra 9-pocket page because the card company decided a ten card set was a "nice" number.  All card set sizes should divide evenly by 9 - or by 15 in the case of mini sets.

Comments