Featured Post

Group Break #5: 1999 Upper Deck HoloGrFX - Pack 9

How's that for service.  So far, I've managed to have a non-group break post every day of my vacation.  Of course, I'm actually not going to be home for another six days...so I guess I better get typing!  The good news is, I still have a pile of yellow envelopes (plus a plain white envelope or two) that are sitting around waiting for me to post their contents.  And, if all goes well, I might be able to nab some more Gypsy Queen before I leave for my break (which, again, by the time you read this is nearing the halfway over mark).

1999 Upper Deck HoloGrFX:
Pack 9:


16.  Greg Vaughn - Reds

I often forget the Vaughn was a Red.  He actually did pretty well for the Reds, but he didn't stick around for long enough for me to really consider him a true Red (whatever that means).
26.  Craig Biggio - Astros

Biggio definitely stuck around Houston long enough to be called a true Astro.  In fact, for years and years he and Berkman defined the Astros for me.  Of course, now the Berkman is still playing (and playing well) for the hated Cardinals, I no longer think of him as solely an Astro.  Biggio, on the other hand, will probably go down as one of the last players to be associated with only one team.
L12.  Launchers:  Albert Belle - Orioles

And with this card, Baltimore nabs their first insert/parallel card of the break.  At this point, 20 of the 30 teams have at least one insert or parallel!  That's pretty good considering how many more packs there are to open up still!

Comments