Featured Post

Gypsy Queen Break: Box 1 - Pack 15 (A Hit!)

Good morning everyone.  For those of you who might just be getting up, you've already missed two Gypsy Queen packs this morning...but this might be the most interesting pack so far today considering the fact that it holds the second hit of the box!

Box 1 - Pack 15:
26.  Adrian Gonzalez - Red Sox
45.  Carlos Gonzalez - Rockies
128.  Dan Haren - Angels
164.  Cy Young - Red Sox
173.  Adam Dunn - White Sox
178.  Chone Figgins - Mariners

Awhile back, I realized I said I had included at least one scan of every team.  After looking back over my list, I realize that wasn't quite true - I had missed scaning the Mariners.  And thus, this lowly Chone Figgins card is going to right that wrong.
222.  Heath Bell - Padres
Regular mini:
25.  Mel Ott - Giants

The Great Ones:
GO10.  Jimmie Foxx - Athletics

Autograph:
GQA-DD.  David DeJesus - Athletics

Ok, I won't lie.  I was initially disappointed with this auto - DeJesus is probably one of (if not the) least impressive names in the autograph checklist.  It's still nice for Nathan who claimed the A's, but I'm guessing even he'd prefer someone of a bit higher caliber.  That being said, I do need to give Topps credit for a couple of things.  First, and foremost, the autographs are ON CARD.  That's a great thing.  Second, the autograph checklist is actually quite strong - and yes, there will always be some "duds" and that's the way it is, but overall, the auto lineup is really nice!  In fact, this particular card looks really nice - if I were an A's collector, I'd be glad to have this in my collection, so maybe I shouldn't be so down on the card after all...

Comments

  1. I just knew you'd pulled me a Hamilton redemption!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm nearly positive that every box contains an auto of either DeJesus, Gio, or Cashner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great pack for me, that Foxx is a cool card too :)

    There are only two A's autos that I've seen come out so far, this and the Gio. (I agree with TLC that Gio seems to come out of every single box).

    Gio would have been my first choice but I am obviously more than happy to add the Dejesus to my collection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment