Featured Post

Delivery Time! Topps Series I is Complete - on to Series II! Plus a Pack Break

Thanks to Samuel over at The Daily Dimwit, I can now cross all of 2011 Topps Series I off of my want list (well, all but the diamond parallels of course).  Samuel and I have completed a bunch of trades now, but this one is by the far the smallest - just one card!  However, when that one card finishes off a set, I'm extra happy!

Here's the last one that I needed from the Series I inserts that I decided to chase:


60 Years of Topps:
60YOT-47.  Bob Abreu



Now that Series I is over with, it's time to start up with Series 2.  To celebrate, I headed to Wal*Mart and picked up a couple of loose packs plus one of those $10.00 value box things.  Let's start with one of the two loose packs.

2011 Topps - Series II


421.  Domonic Brown

The "I'm not really a sparkle because I'm a real sparkle" card.  Go figure.
444.  Brett Cecil
478.  Mike Minor
488.  Brayan Villarreal
533.  Lorenzo Cain
540.  Joakim Soria
554.  Cedric Hunter
576.  Jed Lowrie
606.  Juan Miranda

This card wins the award for MOST BORING card, player, and setting that I've ever seen on a baseball card.  Eesh, that's simply terrible all the way around!
652.  Edwin Jackson
DD-5.  Diamond Duos:  Dan Uggla & Jason Heyward

TT2-16.  Topps Town:  Adam Wainwright


I guess that's an ok start to Series II for me...though I can't say that I'm exactly inspired by the pack.  I'll be chasing all the same insert sets again (60 Years of Topps, Kimballs, etc.) plus the Diamond parallels.  I won't update my want list for a bit though seeing as how I have a few more cards to sort through.  Just as with Series I, ANY Diamond parallel that you send me earns an entry into my contest.

Thanks again for the trade Samuel, and as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments