Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Group Break #6: 2002 Topps Reserve - Pack #6 (Plus Group Break Update)

As many of you know, I'm a math professor - and as such, some semesters I end up teaching the intro to statistics course.  Although I'm not a huge fan of statistics (in academic terms), I do find myself keeping basic quantitative statistics for all the group breaks that I hold.  I've provided a scan of my tally sheet before, and since I know many of you like to see where your team(s) stand in relation to the other teams in the break, I've provided the most up-to-date version of the group break standings at the bottom of this post.  However, before we get to that, let's crack open one more pack so that I can add a few more cards to the list!

2002 Topps Reserve:
Pack 6:


9.  Todd Helton - Rockies

32.  Terrence Long - Athletics
92.  Jose Cruz Jr. - Blue Jays
129.  Roy Oswalt - Astros
130.  Nomar Garciaparra - Red Sox

And now, here's the updated Group Break standings:
As you can see, the break has been remarkably balanced across the majority of the teams (which is how I'd prefer it - more people happy is good for everyone)!  Only 11 teams don't have at least one insert/parallel/hit while only the Brewers and Nationals/Expos have fewer than five total cards.   We've also found three relics, one autographed mini helmet, and two serially numbered cards - all of which went to different teams (also nice to spread the love around)!

Comments